Thursday 29 August 2013






Setia City Mall is a new happening place situated within Setia Alam developed by SP Setia. We decided to pay a visit to the new mall as I found that there are a few new restaurants I have yet to try and hoping they are good.

Out of so many restaurants in the mall, I opted for an early dinner at Delicious café as I knew they served illy coffee. I wanted illy coffee to boost up my low energy in the evening, cakes to spoil myself and western food fill my hunger. So, I basically dragged him into the café as he wanted something else.

In the café, I didn’t have much problem picking up my drinks since I already knew I would want illy coffee. I asked for a tall latte for RM 11.50. It was a problem picking up what I wanted to have when I looked at the menu as I cannot have beef and did not feel like having chicken. After taking much of 10 minutes going through the menu numerous times,  I decided to have smoked salmon angelhair that is tossed in cream, served with caviar and parsley for RM 29.90.

The table setting was clean and quite spacious. The only downside was we picked a bad table with a few flies bugging us throughout the dining experience.

Everything seemed perfect, the view, the ambience… except the slow service. It was an immediate disappointment when the latte was served. I was expecting the milk was steamed at the right temperature, but was found the latte was way too hot and burnt my tongue. The aroma was so weak until I thought I was drinking steaming hot coffee-flavoured milk. It didn’t taste much like an illy to me and I was a little down as I was hoping a “boost”.


It was another disappointment when the pasta was served. I was expected the white cream sauce like the carbonara, somehow it tasted sour. Well, that was not too bad, it was just out of my expectation. The bad thing about the pasta was the smoked salmon. I was expected generous portion of slightly thicker smoked salmon, but they were merely 3 thin pieces of smoked salmon topped with a little caviar. On the bright side, they were generous enough to make sure the angelhair was in sufficient portion. Frankly, it was overpriced at RM 29.90. My hubby had nasi kerabu with ayam percik served with raw ulam, salted egg and keropok, a typical local dish at RM 24.90 and he complained about the not so nasi kerabu and cold tasteless chicken.


A latte and two main dishes came close to RM 80 and that was expensive considering the quality of the food they presented. When I was given the bill, this particular waiter was friendly enough to ask for my comment on the food and coffee. I learnt that they don’t use illy coffee anymore. “Ahh! What a shame!” Of course, I did tell them the food and coffee was just so so and there is room for improvement.  

In short, this was the second time to dine in Delicious café. The first was in Marc Residence, KL for afternoon tea. The dessert was too sweet and not tasty but the coffee was fair. After this round, I doubt I would return to Delicious. After all, it is not delicious.

However, if you're thinking to give it a try, why not take the chance on the upcoming 50% off on everything this 9-September? Enjoy!














Delicious café at Setia City Mall
LG29, Setia City Mall, Seksyen U13, Setia Alam,
40170 Shah Alam, Selangor.
T: 603 3358 3548  F: 603 3358 2470
MON-SUN & PH: 10.00am - 10.00pm

(Full Breakfast Menu Available on Weekend & PH till 11.30am)
http://www.thedeliciousgroup.com/



Rae's Rating
Food: ♥♥♥♥
Coffee: ♥♥♥
Service: ♥♥♥♥♥
Cleanliness: ♥♥♥♥♥
Ambiance: ♥♥♥♥♥
Price: ♥♥♥♥♥ approximately RM30+ per pax for main course only



Delicious Café

0 comments:

Post a Comment