Sunday 31 August 2014

Singapore is bombarded with so many independence cafes and cafe chain from overseas. I have actually planned to visit a few before my Singapore trip. Sadly, I could only make it to one on the day before I returned home. 

Toby's Estate is the cafe from Australia, which serves hot food and coffee. It is located in Robertson Quay, about 10 minutes walk from where I stayed, the Holiday Inn Express Clark Quay. I woke up a little early as I did not want to miss a nice caffeine fix before I headed home. The walk to the Robertson Quay is certainly a very enjoyable thing to do on a Sunday morning, the landscaping is beautiful and nicely maintained. Surprisingly, there are quite many people in the Robertson Quay headed out for breakfast. 


Located along the Singapore river, Toby's Estate cafe can be easily spotted in the Robertson Quay. 


There are plenty of seating both inside and outside the cafe. As I wanted to explore more, I picked the air-conditioned indoor seating. 


Coffee roaster in the cafe.

Merchandises - freshly roasted beans, barista tools and keep cup. 


The industry feel of interior design looks nice. I enjoy seeing the barista working on every piece of art and coffee making, and so I always prefer sitting near the barista counter. The service is rather standard, staff are not too friendly. Maybe 9am on Sunday was too early for them as they did not smile much.


The barista counter

Latte with Roydk blend @ S$5, medium to high acidity - not my preference, but it was nice.

I also bought home a 250g pack of Woolloomooloo blend. It is nicer than Roydk, less acidity, more of earthy and chocolate tones. 

Toby's Estate Singapore
8 Rodyk Stree #01-03/04
Singapore 238216
Tel: 6636 7629
Monday-Sunday 7:30am-6pm


Rae's rating
Food: NA 
Coffee: ♥♥
Service: ♥♥♥♥
Cleanliness: ♥♥♥
Ambiance: ♥♥♥♥♥
Price: ♥ (in local currency)

0 comments:

Post a Comment