Monday 8 September 2014

I was spoilt many times with good food in the US, like Texas barbeque, Mexican food, American Chinese cuisine and not forgetting, the baby pork rib. It is almost impossible to have any of these signature dishes in the American restaurants in Malaysia as most of them choose to serve no pork. 

So, to really enjoy the same dish again, instead of flying all the way to the US, I visited the Tony Roma's during my trip to Singapore in July. There are 2 Tony Roma's branches in Singapore, one is in Orchard Road, the other is in the Suntec City Mall; I chose to visit the latter.

I wanted to have an early dinner so I arrived at the restaurant at 5pm but was sad to find out they were on break in between lunch and dinner and would only re-open for dinner at 6pm. Oh my! It was painful to wait.

It was painful to wait for an hour for the restaurant to open business again for dinner, but it was also good for being the first customer of the session as we need not to wait too long for the food to be served.

Tony Roma's at the Suntec City Mall

The house salad portion was just alright for one person, not much actually if you were thinking to share. The salad wasn't too fresh, you may just skip this. 

House salad @ S$6.90

This is the long waited and craved full original baby back rib that I actually ordered. It was moist, juicy and tender. I like the barbeque brown sauce on it, a little sour, sweet and smokey. Although it's a full rack, I could finish it all by myself. I recall the US portion to be slightly bigger than this. 

Full original baby back rib at S$38.90


There should be a lot more restaurants serving baby back rib in Singapore, so if you are craving for one and yet can't find any that you know, Tony Roma's may be your quick fix. Enjoy!


Tony Roma's Suntec City
3 Temasek Boulevard #B1-123
Suntec City Mall, Tower 5Singapore 038983Tel: (65) 6337 9055 Fax (65) 6337 9722 
Operating Hours: 
11.30am - 3.00pm (Mon - Thur)
6.00pm - 10.00pm (Mon - Thur)
11.30am - 10.00pm (Fri - Sun)



Rae's rating
Food: 
♥♥
Coffee: NA 
Service: ♥♥♥♥
Cleanliness: ♥♥♥
Ambiance: ♥♥♥♥♥
Price: ♥ (in local currency)

0 comments:

Post a Comment